Quality Assurance Tester (Games)
Hamburg, Germany Full-Time/Freelance On Site/Remote
THREAKS is currently searching for a talented quality assurance tester to work on our current projects.
As a professional tester you are responsible for testing, documenting and reporting of all game related data. Your role is crucial not only for identifying bugs but also to ensure the best possible player experience through a cooperative workflow with our developers.
The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge of games in general, a good understanding of genre specific mechanics and experience with the workflows in game production.
Come join us in Hamburg, Germany as a full-time employee and help us create stunning and maximum polished game experiences!
- Setup and managing of bug tracking systems
- Testing of mechanics, features & UI/UX in different game environments
- Bug identification with detailed documentation and reproduction instructions
- Reporting and prioritization of occurring issues
- Collaborating with the Producer/ Project Manager or other leads in charge
- Feedback on mechanics, gameflow & game feel
- Collaborating with Designers, Programmers and other departments
- Keeping the eyes open for visual bugs and minor issues of all sorts
- Proactively supporting the development teams until reaching release ready products
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years of experience in quality assurance for games
- Very good communication skills (reporting, documentation) - English
- Experience with agile software development workflows
- Bug-tracking software and test case management systems
- Gamer at heart with a vast portfolio of several games and genres played
- Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and processes quickly
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Experience in working with Unity3D
- Experience in console game production (Xbox, PS -8th/ 9th gen, Switch)
- Experience in managing external QA partners
- Experience in working with Codecks (task management software)
- Experience in preparing technical reports including FPS breakdowns to ensure hitting performance goals
Required Application Materials:
Resume / CV
Portfolio submissions or link to website
THREAKS is an award winning game studio from Hamburg, Germany founded in 2009. We work on games that we love for PC, consoles and mobile as well as AR & VR. Our diverse portfolio is based on one common core: exceptional quality in tech and art. We always try to push the boundaries of what‘s possible with great focus on juicy player feedback, stunning looks and a feeling for the most immersive player experience.
We are a small, indie, diverse, and familiar team of game passionate developers looking to make amazing projects together.
THREAKS offers a flat hierarchy environment where everyone’s input on our projects is welcome.
As a full-time employee in Germany, you will benefit from health and social insurances as well as enjoy flexible working time and focus on a good work/life balance.
Our Most Recent Release
Battle Planet – Judgement Day is a rogue-lite SciFi arcade shooter with adrenaline-charged, non-stop action. Play on beautiful procedurally generated micro-planets. Fleeing a crashed prisoner transport ship, you’ll fight for your freedom against the police, military robots and frightening boss-creatures lurking for you in the dark corners of space.
Three character classes, awesome perks and a wide variety of perma-upgrades will make you want to dive into hell again and again to change your destiny.